Social and Moral Context and Relevance to the Real World
- The implications of the research concerning genetic predisposition to success in sports
will quickly become a moral issue.
- New companies will emerge to profit on new products to test for certain gene variants
that offer advantages in sports
- How will this change the world of sports?
- Coaches will require gene tests in order to be able to pick recruits for their teams
- Is this fair?
- Will the coaches discriminate against athletes that refuse to be tested?
- Failure to have the tests done may result in injury of the athlete, and a possible lawsuit
on the team, therefore, owners of the teams would want the screenings done
- However, if the athlete does not want to get the tests done, they could be discriminated
against for not disclosing the information
- An example of this t