Business Admin:Marketing & Log
Course
BUSML 4201
Professor
Robert Smith
Semester
Spring

Description
Feeling I: expected value Note: Italics and Bold typed are the concepts that I think may appear on the exam A. Terminology - Feelings (AKAattitude in social psychology):  positive and negative evaluations to determine what to avoid and approach - Expected value: rational feeling - Affect: emotions, moods etc. - Attitudes and stereotype: stored evaluations (schema/internal model) - What’s the difference between affect and expected value? B. Expected value 1) Formula: sum of (importance * perception) 2) Nature of expected value - flexible: can be changed by beliefs, values, salience (recall internal model) - trigger emotions (sort of like the valence in belief) - STM [refer the equation, it requires perception, which is a conscious process) - verbal/rational (See definition of expected value) - Combination of belief and value (vary across people) [can remember based upon the formula of expected value] 3) Formation of expected value - Informational acceptance  association between objects and attributes (see Fig 1) - Implicit evaluation:  evaluation: evaluate the attribute (valence) e.g. good or bad, awesome or sucks (Fig 2)  implicit: subconscious - Information integration: summation (compensatory model)  positive attributes can compensate negative attributes of a concept, vice versa
More Less

Related notes for BUSML 4201

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit