Motivation II Deficiency needs.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Ohio State University
Business Admin:Marketing & Log
BUSML 4201
Robert Smith

Motivation II: Deficiency needs (Bold and italics are concepts that I predict Robert Smith will ask on the test) A. Needs within the hierarchy 1) Physiological needs*** This part would be the focus of this chapter for sure i) Sensory needs - Procrastination: put aside things that will hinder the satisfaction of present sensory needs - Psychological hedonism vs ethical hedonism  Problem with that??Are those claims really true? No, what if it hurts later? Solution: avoid pleasure that cause pain or dissatisfaction in a long run - What’s the best? long lasting and mild pleasure should be the best e.g. friendship ii) Homeostasis needs Drive object substitute: - Definition: chemical equilibrium partially satisfy needs - Cycle of homeostatic needs Fig 1: Cycle of homeostatic need satisfaction 2) Safety needs - Physical (physical security) and psychological safety (i.e. freedom from fears and chaos) What is the difference/relationship - What responses does the threat to safety produce? Fight or flight!! between drive object and drive state? Any examples? 3) Belongingness and love needs i) Belongingness needs - Deficiency based (involves diminishing returns) - social pain causes physical pain - implications to daily lives: increased awareness of other people, think ambiguous situation threatening ii) love needs Base y
More Less

Related notes for BUSML 4201

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.