[ACCT 2203] - Midterm Exam Guide - Ultimate 15 pages long Study Guide!

95 views15 pages
7 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

For unlimited access to Study Guides, a Grade+ subscription is required.

OSU
ACCT 2203
MIDTERM EXAM
STUDY GUIDE
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 15 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Unlock document

Managerial Accounting Jan 2017- Spring 2017
Note to Student:
Hello, I Christia ad Ill be takig lass otes for you! You ay otie our day 1s e ay ot lie up properly-
This is because I have taken this class twice to improve my score. These notes are a combination of the two
semesters to make more inclusive notes. If there is a way I can set up my notes better, or include more of
something, message me on Facebook, one class, or email cstina43@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Product & Period Costs
Financial Review
Net Sales= Sales-Sales returns+ allowances-disouts
COGS= Cost of goods sold + freight in
Operating Expenses= Period costs (exp)
Selling Exp- sales salaries, wages + commissions, freight, maintenance, stores + websites, travel
and entertainment (for salespeople)
Admin Exp- Office wages + salaries, maintenance in offices, travel + entertainment for
admin, executive life insurance
Product Costs= (DM+DL+OH)
Direct Materials (DM)- any materials that are used in manufacturing. (i.e vanilla latte: cup,
steamer, espresso machine, syrup, whipped cream, wc canisters) Not including individual modifications.
If you want caramel in your vanilla latte- youll pay for caramel as its used, it will not increase the price of
eeryoe elses latte / they didt use it. It is too isigifiat to harge eeryoe for your arael.
Direct Labor (DL)- Barista, register attendant. They touched the product and helped it along the
assembly line. Each person that handled the product put a piece together in making it.
Overhead=ID+IM+FF
Indirect Materials (IM)- Machine parts, cleaners, steri-wipes/buckets, water for cleaning,
individual espresso beans, store cleaners and supplies. They are important in the making of the latte,
but do not have a direct impact on the price of your latte.
Indirect Labor (ID)- Managers, corporate, health inspectors, selling/licensing people. All
necessary for production, but not directly tied to the product- if your drink is too hot- youre not going to
yell at the building owner- youll yell at the barista. (If you get angry about the little things)
Factory Facilities Costs (FF)- Building permits, rent, insurance, company vehicles,
lighting, AC, Heat, Plumbling. God forbid your favorite coffee place (hmm ASPEN) screws up their
pluig…e.
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

Inventory Accounts
Raw Materials
Work in Process
Finished Goods
A suspese aout like oerheads or suspese ill alays e losed to COGS at the ed of
the month
QUIZ 1 LOCATED ON BLACKBOARD IS DUE NEXT CLASS PERIOD! Print out answer sheet, fill out in pencil
and turn in at the beginning of class next period.
Unlock document

Get access

Grade+
$10 USD/m
Billed $120 USD annually
Homework Help
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
40 Verified Answers
Study Guides
1 Booster Class