Biology
Course
BIOL 110
Professor
D R.J O H N P E L E S
Semester
Fall

Description
Biology 110 Dr. Peles Date: / / . Chemistry of Life: Chapters 2-4 I. Terms a. Element- Substance that cannot be broken down to other substances by chemical reactions b. Compound- Substance consisting of two or more different elements in a fixed ratio II. Atomic Structure a. Importance of Electrons i. Deternime chemical behavior of atoms ii. Represent potential energy iii. Can be shared or passed between atoms iv. Isotopes- atoms that have the same number of protons (same element), but different number of neutrons (different atomic mass) III. Chemical Bonds a. Covalent bonds i. Molecule- Two or more atoms bound together by a covalent bond Name and Electron- Lewis Dot Space- Molecular distributiontructure and filling Formula Diagram Structural Model Formula (a) Hydrogen (2 ) (b) Oxygen (O2) (c) Water (2 O) ~ 1 ~ Biology 110 Dr. Peles Date: / / . ii. Polar molecule- A molecule with positively and negatively charged regions b
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 110

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit