BIOL 110 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Endocytosis, Active Transport, Aquaporin

40 views6 pages
30 Jan 2014
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Regulation of movements into and out of the cell. Components of the cell membrane: phospholipid bilayer i. Factors influencing membrane transport: membrane permeability, size of molecule. Date: / / : concentration gradient- difference in the number of molecules between two areas. Net movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration i. Diffusion of water across a selectively permeable c. Date: / / : magnitude of concentration gradient, permeability of membrane, temperature, surface area, active transport concentration gradient. Movement of molecules and ions against a i. ii. Requires the expenditure of energy by the cell. Transport involving the use of vesicles for the movement i. ii. iii. Inward movement of molecules involving the use of. Osmosis is regulated by solute concentration: solute. Substance that is dissolved in a solution: solvent. Solutions of equal solute concentration: hypertonic. Solution with greater solute concentration: hypotonic.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers