ECON 104 Study Guide - Final Guide: Ceteris Paribus, Real Interest Rate, Loanable Funds

111 views23 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Chapter 12: aggregate expenditure and output in the short run (sr) If the price level increases, real wealth decreases and the c function shifts downward. Ex: suppose consumption decreases by trillion ---> real wealth falls. If you know the mpc, you can solve for the mps: + means that when the variable in the function increases, c increases. Means that when the variable in the function increases, c decreases. Office buildings, factories, machines, delivery trucks, software, ect. A nation can accelerate economic growth by increasing the capital stock = investment: ppf shifts outward. Investment expenditures increase the nation"s future standard of living. Investment over the great recession fell dramatically. Real interest rate: r (move along i demand curve) A firm will undertake i if expected real return on i is greater than or equal to interest cost. Suppose home depot wants to open several new stores (5) in.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers