EDTHP 115 Study Guide - Fall 2018, Comprehensive Midterm Notes - African Americans, Socioeconomic Status, White People

107 views28 pages

Document Summary

Misconceptions of learning: learning is fast, learning is largely inborn talent, i can multitask, knowledge is isolated facts. What is metacognition: thinking about thinking, the tools to (cid:862)dri(cid:448)e the (cid:271)rai(cid:374)(cid:863, the ability to . Be consciously aware of oneself as a problem solver. Monitor, plan and control o(cid:374)e"s mental processing. Metacognition can be learned: two types. Reflection or thinking about what we know: self-regulation or managing how we go about learning. Metacognition strategies: connecting new information to former knowledge, selecting thinking strategies deliberately, planning, monitoring, and evaluating thinking processes. I try to figure out the answer before looking it up. I close my notes and see how much i remember. Demonstration of metacognition: shallow- focuses on spelling, appearance and sounds. Flashcards: deep- focuses on subjective meaning; relating words to your own meaningful experiences. The most important factor in successful learning: what you think about while studying.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers