NUR 1211C Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Intentional Tort, Neurosis, Reaction Formation
3 views1 pages
SARAH QUIZ 1
1. A client requests information on several medications in order to make an informed choice about
management of depression. A nurse should provide this information to facilitate which ethical
2. A fourth-grade boy teases and makes jokes about a cute girl in his class. This behavior should be
identified by the nurse as indicative of which defense mechanism?
a. Reaction Formation
3. Which is an example of an intentional tort?
a. A nurse places an irritating client in four-point restraints.
4. A mother abuses her children and tells the case-worker that it's her husband who abuses the children,
even though it has been proven that he's a dutiful father. Which defense mechanism is the mother
5. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, which situation on an inpatient psychiatric unit would
require priority intervention by a nurse?
a. A client exhibiting aggressive behavior toward another client
6. Mental illness is defined as "maladaptive responses to stressors from the internal or external
environment evidenced by thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are incongruent with local and
cultural norms and interfere with the individual's functioning."
7. Which statement should a nurse identify as correct regarding a client's right to refuse treatment?
a. Professionals can override treatment refusal by an actively suicidal or homicidal client.
8. Which nursing statement about the concept of neurosis is most accurate?
a. An individual experiencing neurosis feels helpless to change his or her situation.