BIOL 20300 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Potential Gradient, Nuclear Matrix, Facilitated Diffusion

123 views5 pages

Document Summary

This is a comprehensive list of stuff that i think you should go over on the midterm exam. It is only a snapshot of what you should be expecting, therefore i recommend adding more details as you study along. The format of the midterm should include the following: matching, fill in the blanks, short answer, some type of drawing (diagrams, structures, labeling. ) As long as you prepare, you will do great! Powerhouse of the cell!: differentiate between rough and smooth er, villi and cilia, nucleus: nuclear matrix + nucleolus + chromatin. Active transport, endocytosis, exocytosis: osmosis: for the purposes of this exam, every term refers to the solution, not the cell. i. e. a cell is placed in a hypertonic solution. Also remember that the suffix tonic refers to solute concentration. When a solution is hypertonic to the cell, it means that the solution has more solute concentration than the cell.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers