HIST 15100 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Medicine Man, Animism, Northern Canada

54 views19 pages
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Religious beliefs: they believed that spiritual power suffused the world, and sacred spi(cid:396)its (cid:272)ould (cid:271)e fou(cid:374)d i(cid:374) all ki(cid:374)ds of li(cid:448)i(cid:374)g thi(cid:374)gs (cid:894)k(cid:374)o(cid:449)(cid:374) as (cid:862)a(cid:374)i(cid:373)is(cid:373)(cid:863, shamans, medicine men, and other religious leaders held positions of. Reasons behind europe"s start to world exploration: england, religious, english civil war, tightening royal control, paying off debts, spanish, financial, biological, racial, religious, geopolitical, dutch, out for money, french, trade, catholism. Inheritable nobility: professionals, farmers, slaves at the bottom. Competition and characteristics of european exploration look in notes. French interaction with north america look in notes. Navigation acts: a(cid:272)ts desig(cid:374)ed to tighte(cid:374) the go(cid:448)e(cid:396)(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t"s (cid:272)o(cid:374)t(cid:396)ol over trade between england, its colonies, and the rest of the world, tobacco/sugar/cotton/indigo could be only trade to england, colonists could only trade certain items to certain countries. Religious beliefs of early groups of european settlers: puritans (massachusetts, want to purify the church of england, reform it, catholics, separatists plymouth, separate from the church of england, quakers/amish/baptists/mennonites (delaware/pennsylvania)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers