PSYC 121 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Wilhelm Wundt, Brainstem, Ice Cream

144 views6 pages

Document Summary

The various fields of psychology (i. e. industrial/organizational, I/o: take psychology to the workplace to train employees, boost morale and productivity, to help the hiring process . business. Behavioral: focus on how we learn and observable responses. Psychodynamic: focuses on the result of unconscious emotions. Sociocultural: examine variations in thoughts and behaviors across cultures. Clinical: treat more severe mental and behavioral disorders. Biosychosocial: how biological, psychological, and social processes can shape your personality : famous people associated with specific fields of psychology (i. e. freud, Philosophers: aristotle ideas on behavior and rene descartes how mind and body interact . Willhelm wundt: performed first psychology experiment in his lab in. B. f. skinner and j. b watson: behaviorism, basis of modern psychology. Applied: helps tackle real life problems, helps with predicting/improving behavior. Basic: builds on psychology"s knowledge base gives us more information to try to describe/explain behavior .