[01:119:115] - Final Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (32 pages long)

172 views32 pages

Document Summary

Inquiry natural causes for natural phenomenon a. iii. 1. Supernatural things cannot be observed or measured (not science) a. iv. Starting with a large number of specific observations b. i. 1. Ex: darwin b. iii. 1. b. iii. 2. b. iii. 3. b. iii. 4. b. iii. 5. observed that finches varied across galapagos island. Theory of evolution by natural selection: deductive reasoning c. i. Prove/disprove hypothesis: scientific method hypothesis driven science d. i. Hypothesis proposed explanation d. iii. 1. d. iii. 2. d. iii. 3. d. iii. 4. Leads to predictions that can be tested d. iv. Ex: hypothesis if (premises) all organisms are made of cells and humans are organisms, then (prediction) humans are composed of cells. d. iv. 1. Statistics to evaluate the significance of results d. iv. 2. If predictions were not wrong, then you don"t need to reject the hypothesis d. iv. 3. d. iv. 4. If predictions were wrong, then you reject the hypothesis. Experiments can be repeated and the results can be verified by other researchers/scientists d. v. Does not have to follow strict steps e. i. Theory - hypothesis with significant support from testing e. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers