04:192:344- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 14 pages long!)

102 views14 pages

Document Summary

Chapter one defines the police officers and peace officers by stating that all police officers are peace officers but not all peace officers are police officers. A peace officer can be either police, probation, parole correction officer. Chapter one also describes the general service of law enforcement agency; for instance, preventing, investigating and apprehending crime, maintaining order and providing other miscellaneous services. Later chapter one talks about the main reasons why citizens call for police service, which was very shocking to me as i found out they mostly call for information. I assumed it was mostly because of either violent crime or any suspicious behavior; however, it turns out that about 21% about those phone calls are for asking information. Police is available for public service 24/7 and they promise to respond all public call. All though they usually have to prioritize the phone calls and determine where their service is most urgent.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers