COMM 211 : COMM 211 Final Fall 2012

35 views2 pages

Document Summary

Study online at quizlet. com/_9xf7p: 3 persuasive speech components: 1. Use appeals: cherry pick: when you only choose information that supports, address the opposition, call to action, 4 appeals of persuasive speech: 1. Ethos: pathos, logos, mythos, 4 methods of delivery: 1. Extemporaneous: manuscript, memorized, impromptu, 4 ways to listen: 1. Empathetic (emotions/feelings: appreciative (enjoy i. e. music, content (gather information i. e. lecture notes, critical (evaluate speaker"s ideas, ethos, and supporting evidence, 5 canons of rhetoric: 1. Invention: arrangement, style, memory, delivery, 5 types of bad listening: 1. Pseudo (false: selective (focus on parts, defensive (perceived personal attacks, stage hog (focus communication on yourself, ambush (listen carefully to gather information to be used to attack the speaker with, 7 outline patterns: 1. Always changes: beliefs: what you believe to be true & existing (i. e. religion, body: transition, point 1, subpoint, subpoint. Point 2: subpoint, subpoint, celebrity testimony: testimony from a celebrity, such as kim. Kardashian your side of the argument: conclusion: 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers