SOCI 30323 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Antipositivism, Cultural Imperialism, New York City Police Department

60 views4 pages
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Positivism experiments, and statistics - has become the only way to research and understand human behavior (of individuals and groups). This limits us from di that is an important correlation. Cultural criminological critique of positivism (antipositivism), believed that 1) crime cannot be measured, therefore, 2) we should crime in terms of interactions, meanings, interpretations, and labeling 3) enabling power. Emerging in the 19th ce, positivism the study/understanding of the world knowledge that goes beyond superstition - in which we understand cultural background and other important components of the objective world. In social sciences, positivism the use of surveys, *all ) have in my notes is that (cid:498)science philosophy of science(cid:499) is point (cid:498)d(cid:499) of. Positivism ) don"t remember exactly what that means in relation to positivism or if. *also, i have atavism, performance and fraud-show, and cultural imperialism in my notes but do not have how they specifically relate to or advance positivism or change meanings/symbols.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers