Premium

4 Pages

Department
Greek and Roman Classics
Course Code
GRC 2011
Professor
Robin Mitchell- Boyask

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.
Description
C h a p t e r 1 1 : M y t h s o f F e r t i l i t y : D i n o y s u s 1 Chapter 11: Myths of Fertility: Dinoysus MCQs and Fill in the blanks During what historical period did Greek tragedy first emerge? The reign of the tyrant Pisistratus in the 6th century B.C. Which of the following was NOT punished by Dionysus? Midas How were the daughters of King Proetus of Argos punished for having refused to accept the rites of Dionysus? They were driven mad and believed they were cows What is the name of the seer who demanded payment to cure the daughters of Proetus of Argos? Melampus Where was Dionysus abducted by the pirates? Icaria, near Asia Minor Who is the author of the play, the Bacchae, which portrays the myth of the resistance to Dionysus in the city of Thebes? Euripides Which of the following was NOT one of the sisters of Dionysuss mother, Semel? Ariadn Dionysus arrived in Thebes to punish a blaspheme against his mother. What was this blaspheme?
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit