NSCI 2121 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Hebbian Theory, Blackboard
115 views1 pages
Last Name: _________________________ First: _________________________
DPR Quiz 13: Due 2017.11.29
Spike timing dependent plasticity
Please print this sheet and answer the following questions using the simulated datasheet posted to
blackboard with the quiz.
1. 6pts: Using the posted data, graph the relationship between Δt and ΔEPSP for the synapse that was the
subject of the simulated experiment. Use the axes below.
2. 1pt: Is this a Hebbian or anti-hebbian synapse?
3. 1pt: Does the synapse have a bias? If yes, what is it?
I would say it has an LTP bias because a larger range of Δt results in LTP than does LTD
4. 1pt: If the presynaptic cell fires 50ms before the post synaptic cell, how will the magnitude of the EPSP
The EPSP will get larger, LTP will be induced.
5. 1pt: What if the presynaptic cell fires 30ms after the post synaptic cell--how will the magnitude of the
EPSP change then?
The EPSP will get smaller, LTD will be induced
-100 -75 -50 -25 0 25 50 75 100
ΔEPSP Magnitude as % of Baseline
Δt during induction
Change in EPSP Magnitude resulting from spike timing