Wrap Up Notes.docx

3 Pages
Unlock Document

Temple University
PSY 1071
Joel Sheffield

Kate Sydnes Psychology as a Natural Science December 6, 2011 Wrap Up Notes Exam: Tuesday December 13, 2011, from 1:00-3:00 PM in our classroom! I. StudyAdvice a. Start with your lecture notes and the slides posted on blackboard b. Use the textbook as a reference book to supplement class notes i. Find a topic in lectures and read up on it further in the textbook c. Make sure you understand examples given in class and in the textbook i. How does it apply to your life? ii. Challenge yourself to come up with new examples! iii.Convert these examples to exam questions… II. What is going to be on the Exam??? a. The Future of Psychology i. Brain ii. Genes iii.Social/emotion processing 1. You need to know the research methods, learning, memory, & sensation/perception! III. Important Stuff to Know a. Neurons i. The different parts of neurons and how they work b. Know where the different anatomical parts of the brain are and generally what they do i. Lobes (frontal, parietal, temporal, occipital) ii. Hippocampus iii.Hypothalamus iv. Thalamus v. Corpus callosum vi. Basal ganglia vii. Amygdala c. Different functional areas (and what they do) i. Motor area within frontal lobes ii. Sensory area within the parietal lobes iii. Fusiform face area within the temporal lobe iv. Broca’s area in the frontal lobe v. Wernicke’s area (near junction of the temporal/parietal/occipital lobes) d. Different pathways and what they lead to i. “What” (ventral) pathway through the temporal lobe ii. “Where” (dorsal) pathway through the parietal lobe iii. Two routes/pathways t
More Less

Related notes for PSY 1071

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.