CH 231 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Circular Polarization, Racemic Mixture, Meso Compound
6) (5 pts) For the following question(s) MATCH each definition to a term from the list below. Place the letter of the term in the blank to the left of the definition.
b. chirality center
f. meso compounds
g. optically active
h. prochirality center
i. optically inactive
1. ____ describes organic molecules which rotate plane-polarized light.
2. _____ is the property of "handedness"; the property of an object that causes it to be nonsuperimposable on its mirror image.
3. _____ are stereoisomers that are not mirror images.
4. _____ is an atom in a molecule that is bonded to four different atoms or groups of atoms.
5. _____ are molecules which contain chirality centers and a plane of symmetry.