PSY 207 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Preventive Healthcare, Test Statistic, Type I And Type Ii Errors

106 views3 pages
27 Mar 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Exam review: part a - chapter 8: null vs. Alternative hypotheses: null hypothesis: it states that the treatment has no effect. The hypothesis testing uses a one-tailed test (critical region in one tail of the sampling distribution) Non-directional tests: alternative hypothesis says there will just be a difference; direction will not be predicted ( ). The boundaries for the critical region are determined by the alpha level: type i error vs. Type i error: reject a null hypothesis that is actually true: alpha ( ) is the probability that the test will lead to a type i error. Type ii error: fail to reject a null hypothesis that is actually false: beta ( ) is the probability that the test will lead to a type ii error, what are the assumptions of hypothesis testing, random sampling. The standard deviation of the population ( ) is unchanged by the treatment. Sampling distribution of means is normal: steps for hypothesis testing.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers