BMGT 402- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 166 pages long!)

502 views166 pages

Document Summary

Database applications can either be simple or complex h. ii. Simplest from the list: using a library card h. ii. 1. h. ii. 2. h. ii. 3. Most complex from the list: using the internet/using a credit. Client: do they share program code? b. i. No because files are different: do they share data? c. i. No because they"re using different program code: limitations and problems of file-based approach. *file based approach a company has several data files that they use to operate: separation and isolation of data a. i. Each program maintains its own data set a. ii. Users of one program may be unaware of potentially useful data held by other programs a. iii. Inconsistency might come from this: duplication of data b. i. Same data is held by different programs b. ii. Wasted space and potentially different values and/or different formats for the same item: data dependence c. i. File structure is defined in the program code c. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers