PHIL 140 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Retributive Justice, W. M. Keck Observatory, Jstor

78 views5 pages
13 Jul 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I pledge on my honor that i have not given or received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment/examination. Jeffrey reiman believes that the death penalty is a just punishment for murder, yet believes that it is morally wrong to retain the death penalty in the united states. These beliefs stem from his main ideology: sophisticated retributivism, the idea that justifies a certain punishment by claiming that said punishment is a way to restore the moral equilibrium in a civil society. United states results in substantial injustice, therefore we should not retain the death penalty in the united states (phil 140 summer 2014, class slides). The first reason that leads reiman to his belief is the racial discrimination in the application of the death penalty in the united states. He makes this claim more convincing by providing two credible studies, one from the general accounting office and one from the.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers