MKT 201 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Sherman Antitrust Act, Netflix, Outsourcing

81 views16 pages

Document Summary

Product complexity: at center is core customer value: defines basic problem-solving benefits that consumers are seeking, marketers convert this into an actual product b. i. Brand name, features/design, packaging, etc: associated services/augmented product c. i. Non-physical aspects of the product; product warranties, financing, product support, and after-sale service. Require lots of marketing; when new to the world products are first introduced they are unsought products. Breadth: count of number of product lines offered b. i. 1. Too much: costly to maintain and weaken firm"s rep. b. ii. Depth: number of products within a product line c. Increase breadth: add new product lines to capture new or evolving markets and increase sales. Brands add value to products for both consumer and seller: facilitate purchases a. i. Help consumers make quick decisions when they are familiar with a brand: establish loyalty, protect from competition and price competition c. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers