COMM 1076 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Stress Management, Wide Area Network, Barista

35 views11 pages
26 Oct 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

What is communication and why is it important: Sex ed. high school, college, and nursing home: e(cid:374)der . I(cid:374) (cid:271)et(cid:449)ee(cid:374) is the (cid:373)essage: the message has encoding and decoding, sender is encoding: turning messages in head into words/message/nonverbals, receiver is decoding: hearing words and nonverbals turning them into messages into my own thoughts and feeling. At church if your pastor welcomed by sa(cid:455)i(cid:374)g her (cid:373)f"s it (cid:449)ould (cid:271)e (cid:449)eird. Communication between people who have different cultural beliefs, values and ways of behavior. Culture: the specialized lifestyle of a group of people. Improving intercultural communication with others: confront your stereotypes, the uncertainty reduction theory: people hate being uncertain, we like knowing and being able to predict other people"s behaviors. The more time you spend around people the more you will see these stereotypes start to fade away: re(cid:272)og(cid:374)ize (cid:272)ultural differe(cid:374)(cid:272)es: we are (cid:374)ot a (cid:373)elti(cid:374)g pot.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers