BIOL 180 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Environmental Factor, Punnett Square, Tetrapod

72 views6 pages
17 Aug 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
hwpark22 and 40161 others unlocked
BIOL 180 Full Course Notes
BIOL 180 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
93 documents

Document Summary

In certain parts of the world, it is common practice to circumcise male offspring. Some studies suggest that compared to uncircumcised individuals, circumcised males are at slightly less risk of contracting infections that affect the penis or urinary tract. The data in favor of circumcision as a medical recommendation are considered weak. Give two reasons why, and explain your reasoning: one of the reasons that there isn"t as much medical evidence backing circumcision is the fact that circumcision is usually a result of religious or cultural practices. Just as special creation has a lot of support, there is not much scientific evidence. With these statistics, it is clear that there is not much medical support for circumcisions. I pointed out two valid reasons why medical recommendations are considered weak for circumcision (the religious/cultural ties and the infection rate information). While i did point out two reasons why, i didn"t elaborate with my reasoning enough.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers