Music
Course
MUS 10
Professor
Dhindsa
Semester
Spring

Description
Arianna Dela Rosa Laurie San MartinDavid VerbucMUS 10Concert Report GreensleeveWhile watching Anna Maria Mendieta play the harp on 5814 at the Mondavi Center the main composition that caught my attention and triggered my memory was Henry the VIIIs Greensleeve The first few notes of the piece were already familiar and harmonious to my ears and also to the ears of other people worldwide Greensleeve is a folk composition that was written in 1580 well known during the late Romantic period and early Baroque period and continues to be of musical prominence today for its heartfelt melancholic lyrics interpretations in the fields of folk and classical music and for having a melody so evocative of English countryside The fact that it is comprised of a simple sequence of chords with a repeating bass shows that it uses a form more familiar with the slowfocused tempo of the Renaissance period but is als
More Less

Related notes for MUS 10

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit