PUBHLTH 2 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Opioid Use Disorder, NaloxoneExam
Course CodePUBHLTH 2
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Public Health 2
● Medication adherence is more difficult for older people because it can be more difficult
for older people to remember to take their medication.
● Suboxone film is a tiny, dissolvable, and transparent film that is easy to hide.
● Over recent years, Suboxone have not been helpful or effective for the majority of
patients seeking medications to ease their opioid addictions.
● According to the video "What is cardiac rehab?" cardiac rehabilitation is only
recommended by medical professionals if the patient undergoes serious medical
treatment such as open heart surgery
● In the video of "A Locksmith's Tale and Other Health Care Stories," the patient stated
that part of the reason he did not seek medical treatment to fix his ankle was because he
had no health insurance and because he wanted to stay positive.
● According to the article, "Maryland Switches Opioid Treatments, And Some Patients Cry
Foul," doctors unanimously support the change in Maryland's list of preferred drugs to
treat opioid addiction from dissolvable film to tablet form.
● In the video with the U.S. Surgeon General, he stated that while some medications have
derived from marijuana compounds, there is not enough science to support that smoking
marijuana can improve health.
● In the video with the U.S. Surgeon General, he shares that the sudden discussion of
mentally ill people after mass shootings happen creates a false illusion that mentally ill
people are extremely violent.
Complete the following
● Which of the following is a step for investigating a food-borne disease outbreak?
○ All of the above
■ Defining and finding cases
■ Controlling the outbreak
■ Generating hypotheses about likely sources
● Which of the following was a proposed reason as to why the influenza spread so rapidly?
○ Increased globalization
● Which act would help Cheryl win the court case against the company that fired her after
she took a leave of absence for her in vitro fertilization treatment?
○ Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version