PUBHLTH 2 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Measles Vaccine, Coronary Artery Disease, Transtheoretical ModelExam
Course CodePUBHLTH 2
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Public Health 2
Course Code: 89007
● Pre-Contemplation is NOT one of the stages of the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior
● Sleeping less than seven hours per night is NOT associated with increased risk for
obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, stroke, frequent mental
distress, and all-cause mortality.
Complete the following statements:
○ The goals and priorities for public health and disease prevention for Vermont
based on national objectives were listed in:
■ Healthy Vermonters 2000
○ It is significant in Public Health communication and output to act _____ during a
○ Children with __________ in Vermont and a case at the university made public
health workers aware of a serious gap in both the state’s ___________ law and
ability to prevent and control such situations in the future.
■ Measles, public health immunization
○ What is a justification for why college students who have not received the second-
dose of the measles vaccine must be excluded from school or required to receive
■ So that they would not affect others
○ Local, state, and federal public health agencies establish a(n) ______ presence in
○ An advisory committee was formed to establish Vermont public health priorities
and goals. Imagine that you have been selected to serve on this committee as a
student representative. What issues would you have to consider as you help
develop public health goals and objectives for Vermont?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version