PUBHLTH 2 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Health Promotion, Shanty Town, World Health OrganizationExam
Course CodePUBHLTH 2
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Public Health 2
Course Code: 89007
● Be able to answer the following as true/false:
○ Federal grants and funding are essential to thoroughly monitor the health of the
○ During the time when it is necessary to engage the public during a public health
crisis, it is not important to know the goal of any health reform or change being
○ Social, economic, educational, and environmental factors heavily influence
health, especially in regards to preventable diseases.
○ Health promotion and disease prevention initiatives such as Healthy People 2020
are designed to improve the nation’s overall health and well-being
○ Dentists and dental hygienists do not play a role in tobacco prevention
○ Creating laws that regulate public health require proposing numerous bills. Even
if the bill does not pass through Congress, it can still generate discussion and
debate so that public health advocates can create more credible bills regarding the
○ If public health advocates took controversy as an opportunity, they can reiterate
sound advice to the public.
○ In order to be prepared during a time of a public health crises, it is vital to
coordinate state agency efforts including public health, public safety, and
emergency management, at state and local levels.
○ Even when public health officials try to provide free clinics and expand free
health care to the community, there are still other barriers that exist from
preventing people to stay healthy.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version