Where are you guys at? I'm in the music library
EDIT WHATEVER I HAVE WRONG LOL do you guys have an extra scantron???:0 no i dont
sorry! Im in class trying to leave lol
http://www.oocities.org/mccrimmon.geo/piperex.html (i think this is the website he was talking
about looking over)
● 1st of the MacCrimmons : Finley (Pipers for the Macleods)
○ His son was Ian Odar
● Scottish folk story of Ian odar : “Cave of Gold and silver chanter”
○ Made deal w/ fairy who gave him a silver chanter. Deal was that he had to make
school and teach.
○ School was set up in Borreigg
○ He and the MacCrimmons would have pipers at their school
○ Had them learn 150 tunes (in order to graduate) that were learned by singing not
by any notation.
○ Students stayed for 5-7 years at a time.
● “Cave of gold” was written to commemorate:
○ Ian odor ( died in cave fire was never seen again)
● Next in line after Ian was DONALD ORE?
○ He was killed on a mission after he had been warned beforehand not to go. He
was shot by someone he knew by accident.
Patrick Og- 22 children/ 5 different women, Mary MCleod secret girlfriend
● Original MacCrimmons
○ Monks from Cremona, Italy.
● Petris Bruno:
○ Leader of Prock
○ Original founder of music.
● Petris’ father was Jordan Bruno
○ He got in trouble because he was vocal about liking the old bible.
○ Was exiled and burned by inquisition.
○ The roman emperor had the bible republished w/ his beliefs. Children and women
were targeted by church accused of witchcraft.
○ He went to Ireland and liked it so much he stayed and invented pipers language.
■ Everything was based on the original language of the bible.
● Pipers were determined by competition at Dunvegan castle.
● Patrick Mor MacCrimmon
○ Lived tragic life.
○ Greatest composer
○ 7 out of his 8 children died due to smallpox.
○ Wrote lament for the children to commemorate the kids he lost.
● Patrick OG
○ Was the only surviving child.
○ “Lament for the only son” song written for him.
○ Had a secret GF Mary Macleod