DEP 2004- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 37 pages long!)

590 views37 pages

Document Summary

In born behaviors: critical periods, ducklings following their mothers right after hatching. If they do(cid:374)"t see their (cid:373)o(cid:373) they (cid:449)o(cid:374)"t i(cid:373)pri(cid:374)t if (cid:374)ot see(cid:374) the first day: environmental input, but do(cid:374)"t i(cid:373)pri(cid:374)t o(cid:374) i(cid:374)a(cid:374)i(cid:373)ate o(cid:271)je(cid:272)ts, has to be bigger and moving (biological motion) In order for the behavior to immerge it has to happen within the time period: evidence that certain behaviors are instinctual, feral children and language, psychodynamic perspectives, erikson-neo-freudian- something that changes. Learning perspectives: empiricism (pure nurture views, 1700s-1600-s. Iv- independent variable (hypothesized cause: dv- dependent variable (hypothesized effect) Longitudinal design- following the same group of people over a long period of time: minimizes group effects, long duration, expensive, attrition. Cross- sectional design- compare two different groups of children at different ages. Inappropriate for current example: short duration, cheaper, large group differences, cohort effect. Cross- sequential design- a combination of the two experiments. Non-experimental designs: correlations, naturalistic and participant observation, naturalistic observation- observing without the person knowing.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers