CHEM XL-14A Quiz 1Exam
DepartmentChemistry and Biochemistry
Course CodeCHEM 14A
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
1. Today’s lab consists of eliminating a secondary alcohol in cyclohexanol to
synthesize cyclohexene. Draw the starting material (2pt), the product (2pt),
reagents needed to perform this elimination (2pt).
2. Why are there only 3 peaks present in the 13C and 1H NMR spectrum for
cyclohexene at room temperature? (4pts)
3. What is the purpose of heating the reaction and collecting the product? (2pts)
4. Why do we use anhydrous sodium sulfate during extraction? (3pts)
5. Name the following lab equipment (5pts):
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version