CHEM XL-14A Quiz 4Exam
DepartmentChemistry and Biochemistry
Course CodeCHEM 14A
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Remember, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate!
1. Draw the product of today’s experiment (1,2,3,4-tetraphenyl-1,3-cyclopentadieone).
2. Provide the major product: (4pts)
3. What is wrong with the following TLC plates? (6pts)
4. Given the following data for solubility of crude product in water:
Temperature Solubility (g/100ml)
a. How much water would be required to dissolve 60.0 g of crude product at
b. How many grams of pure product would be recovered if the solution is
cooled to 0oC afterwards? (2pts)
5. Given the molar coefficient of a given compound is 2700 L*mol-1*cm-1, what is a
suggested concentration for this compound to do a UV-VIS measurement? (4pts)
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version