CHEM XL-14A Quiz 5Exam
DepartmentChemistry and Biochemistry
Course CodeCHEM 14A
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Q: Why does hamburger have lower energy than steak?
A: Because it's in the ground state.
1. Complete the reaction scheme for today’s experiment. (6pts) What is the
intermediate structure called? (2pts)
2. Why are we using the quartz cuvet and not a plastic/glass cuvet today? (2pts)
3. Why shouldn’t you inhale isopentyl nitrite? (2pts)
4. Based on your knowledge of dienes and dienophiles, rank the following reactions in
order of temperature needed to induce a reaction. (3 = lowest temp, 1 = highest
temp). (3pts) Explain your reasoning. (4pts)
5. If a student observes an absorbance of 0.754 a.u. at 450 nm, and the concentration
of the sample is 3.0 x 10-4 M, what is the molar extinction coefficient at that
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version