CHEM XL-14A Quiz 6Exam
DepartmentChemistry and Biochemistry
Course CodeCHEM 14A
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
1. Please provide the major product for each. (4pts)
2. Why do we reflux the reaction pot? What rate principle is in effect here? (4pts)
3. Since this reaction is an equilibrium reaction with a relative small equilibrium
constant, how can we take advantage of Le Châtelier’s Pinciple to increase the
4. What are the following substances used for in the experiment today: (4pts)
a. Sodium Bicarbonate:
b. Sodium Sulfate:
5. A student observes a refractive index of nD=1.4040 for his compound at 24.5oC.
Calculate the refractive index at 20oC. (2pts)
nDX = nDT + (T-X)*0.00045
6. Why are we performing a vacuum distillation instead of a normal distillation?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version