PHIL 10- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 76 pages long!)

121 views76 pages
29 Mar 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The conclusion can be false, but only if one or more of the premises is also false. Inductive- arguments where the premises establish a probable conclusion. Inferential relationship- inference means the premises are supposed to allow you to infer the conclusion. I: southpark has always been on at wednesday at 10 pm, it is now wednesday at 10 pm, south park is [probably] on right now, ex. Ii (not as likely: the last time i watched southpark, the first commercial was for old navy, the first (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)er(cid:272)ial o(cid:374) to(cid:374)ight(cid:859)s episode of. Southpark will [probably] be for old navy: the difference between deductive and inductive arguments is not a matter of how good the arguments are. If these premises were/are true, then the conclusion would have to be true. If the conclusion is/were false, then at least one of the premises would have to be false. There could be a lein on (cid:373)(cid:455) i(cid:374)(cid:272)o(cid:373)e so i (cid:449)ould(cid:374)(cid:859)t get a return.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers