REL 3191 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Embalming, Rabbinic Judaism, Christian Mortalism

121 views2 pages

Document Summary

Judaism notes: early biblical period (cid:862)for dust you are a(cid:374)d to dust you shall retur(cid:374)(cid:863), god (cid:272)reates dust i(cid:374) the. Jews believe all of the above beliefs; strongly centered on how we live our lives now that really makes a difference; accept the fact of no real knowledge of what happens after death by design. I enjoyed this week"s le(cid:272)ture (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause i k(cid:374)o(cid:449) (cid:448)ery little a(cid:271)out judais(cid:373). It (cid:449)as (cid:448)ery i(cid:374)teresti(cid:374)g to (cid:373)e that the rabbi made it a point to communicate to us the listeners that jews do not claim to know details about what happens to our souls in the afterlife. He said that it is impossible to know exactly what happens in the afterlife, and it was intentionally designed as such by our creator. This is very different from other religions, especially most of christianity, in which the afterlife and the supposed places that our souls can go are explicitly defined.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers