GENE 3200 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Sister Chromatids, Allosome, Prometaphase

65 views3 pages
22 Mar 2019
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Exam 3 learning objectives: describe the stages of the cell cycle of mitosis and meiosis. Describe the major function of each step in each cycle, specifically with regards to the chromosomes: mitosis: a type of cell division which produces (two) daughter cells that are genetically identical to the parent cell. Interphase- transcription/translation of genetic information: prophase i, recombination occurs in prophase i of meiosis, pairing of homologous chromosomes, late prophase i- spindle formation (mts, metaphase i. Prophase 1: explain how the behavior of chromosomes during meiosis leads to each segregation and independent assortment, the two alleles of genotype rr are located on homologous chromosomes which replicate in the s phase of meiosis. In prophase i of meiosis, crossing over may take place or may not. If no crossing over takes place, the two chromatids of each chromosome segregate in anaphase ii and are identical.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers