Study Guides (248,267)
United States (123,303)
MATH 4389 (17)
Almus (17)
Final

MATH 4389 Final: Abstract_Algebra(part_1)
Premium

38 Pages
Unlock Document

Department
Mathematics
Course
MATH 4389
Professor
Almus
Semester
Spring

Description
duate thm) Math 4389compact summary of an undergra Abstract Algebra These notes are intended to be ad recall:rmaesugmbaerstsaom number that’s a multiple of 4. Divisibiltthe:ehstsdmgiaital,oidt,is aormutiple of 3.mnu1isaiviiliel,b ful:     .   f and the TBt Ε  , then of    d n uade| SA | and for some   of   and    Sy Sx 1T  f image inverse image if is odd 1 if is even fA B  xx f f       y b n e v i g f fx Determine 0,1,5,9 and For yDour:referis called thecalled theinitions you may find help   1   1 1               f f 2 f f     :  given by :  given by Ex: f fx x Determine 7, 1,0,1,2 Ex: f fx 7,D1,r,1,ne 2, 1,0,1,2 and one as inverse , if and only if , if and only if injective surjective , or onto one-to-one example, every singleton set h fs called et or a set of size 2? fis called . . Then  : fA B    . The function  fA   Is ittutisteit,ir theeprevtoDef: Let x A fucorrespondence, or bijective.one-to-one is called a one to fonto? fonto? fonto? fonto? fone-to-one? I fsne-to-one? Is fone-to-one? I fsne-to-one? Is . Is . Is 2. Is 3 . Is 3 2     xx xx x x f f f f be given by be given by be given by be given by       f f f f Ex: Let Ex: Let Ex: Let Ex: Let fonto? fnto? fone-to-one? Is fne-to-one? Is . Is . Is     xx xxx f f be given by be given by   : : f f Ex: Let Ex: Let . x x if is evens odd 3 x 2  2        fx onto? f be given by  f one-to-one? Is f Ex: Let Is nve sifi xx xx 2 if is odd   be given by gx  : . Problems? Why? g and and x and  if is even : fg gf f ddoxs 2 fi    x  fx Ex: Let Compute , a and of | ca with multiple c if bhere is an inteber denoted by b of and is an integer br that b ab otherwise divisor and | is a a (gcd) of a aivides and 0 f 0 i | . and is defined by | of inteers   cb ab c  , y max : bare integers, then   . We also say that and greatest coabon divisor a b = ad common ivisor ab ab . Th Number T DheforIfReview:enDef: Ais by , or simpl p 1and the only divisors of m not 0. Then there exists a p if dcan be wridis the smallest positive integer that can , and . Also, n b prime integer and is a aand m p  p be integers, at least one of the b b, and aand and  a TheoLemunique gcd Common Divisor):einfire.er . | pb or pa , then either | pa is prime and p Theo Ifem (Euclid’s Lemma) l to the of two integers is always equa GCD Fan:rduMprdfamtplGrLhMmndfves0 and 3234? by writing .  ab : m divides m if od ab m Congruence Modulofine an equivalence relation on the set , .   d o |m  abm  relation (reflexive, symmetric is the set  Nottrahsatthi).is an equivaTenecequivalence class q . .  and if and only if they have the same
More Less

Related notes for MATH 4389

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit