PSY-230 Study Guide - Final Guide: Ampt, Chlorpromazine, Operant Conditioning

73 views6 pages
1 Jun 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

You will need answer all of these prompts on the test: dopamine and schizophrenia, tell me about the dopamine hypothesis. Describe research that has been done to support this hypothesis (i. e. drugs that act on da systems/da receptor studies) i. How do these link to positive vs. negative symptoms & why do you think that is? i. Mesocorticolimbic symptoms: negative and cognitive symptoms, aim of treatment to increase, dopamine, transmission, tuberoinfundibular pathway. Mesolithic pathway: positive pathway, aim of treatment to slow down, dopamine, neurotransmission, nigrostriatal pathway. Positive symptoms ii. iii: things that are present that should not be present but are, psychotic, delusions, hallucinations, disorganized iv. Negative symptoms: inappropriate emotions, bizarre behaviors i. A bag of red beard hairs from a guy with brown beard hairs: thought disorders i. Be sure to give me their type, an example, and the outcome of taking them. i. Ampt reserpine: nature vs. nurture, discuss nature vs. nurture. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers