PSYCH 111 Study Guide - Final Guide: Circadian Rhythm, Metalinguistic Awareness, Behaviorism

102 views6 pages

Document Summary

I found it intriguing that there were so many different perspectives and approaches to psychology (humanistic, behavioristic, psychoanalytic), and that most of them hold at least some degree of credibility. I think it is cool to look at a situation and come up with the best possible support by incorporating ideas from numerous foundations. Chapter 2: research methods: something i have never really thought about outside the context of simple scientific experiments is the idea of a confounding variable. According to our textbook, a confounding variable occurs when two variables are linked together in a way that makes it difficult to sort their individual effects. As a group, we talked about why our data was not making sense and we realized it was because we were not controlling for all of the possible confounding variables. After making some minor adjustments by removing a variable, we obtained clear and accurate results as expected.