NURSE-3101 Midterm: Exam II Study Guide

133 views14 pages
6 Oct 2016
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 2 theory, research, and evidence-based practice (4 questions: what are the elements of a pico question, pico question a. i. P: patient, population, or problem of interest a. i. 1. Need for explicit description; may include age, setting, etc. a. ii. Define the treatment, diagnostic test, or patient education which will make up the intervention. a. iii. Compare the usual standard of care with the new intervention. a. iv. Identify the outcome that you want: quantitative vs. qualitative research, quantitative research a. i. Involves collection of numerical data and statistical analysis: qualitative research b. i. Informed consent: what are the responsibilities of the institutional review board, the responsibilities of the institutional review board a. i. Must approve all research on human subjects a. ii. Research participants must give informed consent: purpose of study; data collection; benefit vs. harm; alternative treatment; may consent, decline, or quit; confidentiality. Chapter 5 cultural diversity (4 questions: be generally familiar with this chapter and be prepared to answer some cultural diversity question.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers