POLI 1501 Study Guide - Comprehensive Midterm Guide: Roosevelt Corollary, Manifest Destiny, Napoleonic Wars

74 views62 pages

Document Summary

Final paper: paragraph for foreign policy paper is due sept. 9 a. i. Leave because they wanted to practice religion, felt like they were discriminated against b. i. 2. b. The reasons why people came to us influence american foreign policy b. ii. Influenced policy, for example: wanted to protect trade routes. Navy needed to fend off pirates that were in the trading routes b. ii. 2. Independence (alliance with france during revolutionary war) b. ii. 2. a. Avoiding long term political ties with other countries. b. ii. 2. b. Us perceived that having alliances would drag them into conflicts that they aren"t interested in b. ii. 2. c. If we are part of a losing side, the independence we fought for could easily be lost b. ii. 2. d. If we are part of an alliance, it is being part of a centralized state. Us did have temporary relationships with other countries (french and revolutionary war: war of 1812 c. i. Territory: us is fighting a lot of battles with native american tribes. c. i. 2.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers