UNIV 112 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Speculative Fiction, Balkans, Balkan Mountains

52 views2 pages
23 Mar 2018
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

China mieville clearly had a very specific social commentary that he was expressing through tc&tc. I think the issue that he addresses is large and overarching, and can be dissected in a number of ways. The strongest message that i received through reading. Readers of the novel can clearly identify that. Unseeing is a common practice in beszel and ul qoma, and i think that is one of the most dystopian parts (for lack of a better phrase) for many. However, contradictory to this cognitive tendency is the human tendency to only pay attention to the things that directly affect us. Mieville"s main commentary is that we selectively unsee the things in society that are irrelevant to our own lives because acknowledging the unseen would be upsetting the social balance. I made with it and the community around me. One could argue that there are two communities in richmond: those that are vcu-affiliated, and those who are not.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers