• Absolute vs relative versus mixed referencing applied question
• Effeciency design goal = definitial question
• Applied Worksheet protection question. Which cells should be locked and protected?
• Clarity design goal = definitional question. What supported this goal
• Sumif and/or Averageif applied question. Must know these arguments.
• Isolating assumptions. Using formulas and functions and not raw numbers in your
• Pivot Tables = Create smaller summarized lists from larger underlying data.
• Know the layout of Pivot tables and what each section does such as filters versus
columns versus rows versus values (typically numeric data)
• Know when to use different chart types- Line (trends) versus column (comparison over
time) versus Bar (comparison as 1 point in times) versus pie(contributes to a total , or
parts of a whole)
• If function. Applied question so know the arguments
• Filters (text fields), slicers (text fields), Timeliness (data fields). All remove any unwanted
data from your output. Applied/ definitial question
• Verifiabilityngoal = definitial question and how data
Order of operations
• Sorts (TOUGHEST QUESTION ON THE EXAM): Specifically multi level sorts using costom
• Vlookup (value u want, table array(where u wanna find the look up table, what column
number gets returned…… , False(exact match), True (approximate match).
9:30 am class review
• Exam 2. 21 Multiple Choice questions. Highest possible score is 105
• A cell reference: Applied relative vs. Absolute vs. mixed cell referencing question. Which
formula would you use to either copy vertically or horizontal. Relative references had no
• Efficiency design goal definition = all calculations should be performed automatically by
• 2 worksheet protection questions. Which cells need to be locked and protected?
o What is the process for worksheet protection?
o Data entry cells not protected ( protect headers and calculations)
Step 1 : Unlock the cells
• U can udjust what has been