SPC 255 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Intelligence Quotient, Assistive Technology, Shool

67 views2 pages
27 Feb 2017
Course
Professor
Chapter 3 (pp. 50-81)
Hardman, 11th ed.
Study Questions with Answers
1. What is the difference between the terms, mainstreaming and inclusive education?
Mainstreaming is the placement of students with disabilities into general education classrooms for
some or all of the school day. While inclusive education is where students with a disability receive
services, and supports appropriate to their individual needs within the general education setting.
2. What is the differee i the a studets reeie series i push i ad pull out?
Push in services is like inclusive education, where a child is placed in a general education classroom
and they are provided with services and supports that are needed in the general education setting.
While pulling out is taking the child out of the general education class room to receive support.
3. What are the definitions of formal and natural supports?
Formal support is the educational support provided by and funded through the public-school system.
They include qualified teachers, paraprofessional, and access to instructional materials designed for,
or adapted to, individual needs. Natural support is the studet’s faily and classmates. These
individuals comprise a support network of mutual caring that promotes greater inclusion within the
classroom and school, access to effective instruction, and the development of social relationships
(friendships).
4. What are the characteristics of Multidisciplinary Collaboration?
The characteristics of a multidisciplinary collaboration are parents are viewed as active partners in the
education of their children, team members from various disciplines (such as education, health care,
and psychological and social services) share responsibility; individual roles are clearly understood and
valued. Finally, team members promote peer support and cooperative learning.
5. Who are often seen as an underrated and underused resource in general education?
Peers are often seen as underrated and underused resource in general education.
6. Up until about 60 years ago, what advice was often given to parents whose newborn infant had
a recognizable disability?
Parents were advised to institutionalize a child immediately after birth if or she had a recognizable
physial oditio assoiated ith a disaility suh as Do’s sydoe.
7. Wh is the earlier the etter a orret stateet for he series for hildren with
disabilities should begin?
Early intervention may be less costly and more effective than providing services later.
8. What is the name of the plan that describes the services for a child below the age of three and
his/her family?
Part H, later changed to Part C in the 1997 amendments to IDEA
9. What is the ae of the assesset i hih the hild’s skills, the harateristis of the settig
ad the fail’s eeds, resoures, epetatios ad aspiratios are assessed?
Functional Assessment
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get OneClass Grade+

Unlimited access to all notes and study guides.

Grade+All Inclusive
$10 USD/m
You will be charged $120 USD upfront and auto renewed at the end of each cycle. You may cancel anytime under Payment Settings. For more information, see our Terms and Privacy.
Payments are encrypted using 256-bit SSL. Powered by Stripe.