L33 Psych 315 Study Guide - Spring 2019, Comprehensive Final Exam Notes - Social Psychology, Percussion Cap, Logic

45 views46 pages

Document Summary

If you think like me, you are rational because i am rational, if you don"t think like me, you are irrational because i am rational: can"t stand v8 juice, can"t understand why anyone would like it. Can"t stand trump, can"t understand why anyone would like him. Automatic vs. controlled processing: sometimes preferences guided by both automatic and control processes. Impulse control how good are you at controlling your impulses (automatic processing: ex. Automatic, fast impulsive reactions occurring at same time as controlled, slow, deliberative reactioins: eat the cookie! vs. don"t eat the cookie it"s fattening , ex. We engage in controlled processes to inhibit negative stereotypes. Individual differences in levels of automatic negative reactions and controlled reactions: 2. She never realized she was bad because she was so incompetent at pitch recognition she couldn"t hear how horrible she was and nobody wanted to tell her she was bad.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers