PSYC 363 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Extraocular Muscles, Binocular Disparity, Ciliary Muscle

99 views11 pages
17 May 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Goal of perceiving depth: the goal is the accurately perceive a 3-d world using two. 2-d retinal images, one in each eye: the representation of 3-d space in the 2-d retinal image is many-to-one, many different 3-d scenes can produce one and the same retinal image: i. Example: objects of different shapes and sized and at different distances produce the same retinal image because of the way the objects are oriented. Depth cues: we perceive depth based on integrating information gained form a wide variety of cues, oculomotor cues: i. Provide information from the muscles that move the eyes and the muscles that change the shape of the lens: Convergence: cues based on retinal images ( the rest of the cues ): i. Information derived from the differences in the retinal images in the two eyes: binocular disparity, monocular cues: Information that could be derived from the retinal image in just on eye. Can be divided into: static cues:

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers