English (Arts)
Course
ENGL 226
Professor
Kait Pinder
Semester
Summer

Description
Walt Whitman Reading "SONG OF MYSELF" Identify • I celebrate myself. and sing myself/ And what I assume you shall assume,/ For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you/ I loafe and invite my soul,/ I lean and loaf at my ease observing a spear of summer grass. • any talk of perfume • I believe in you my soul, the other I am must not abase itself to you,/ And you must not be abased to the other. • A child said What is this grass? fetching it to me with full hands;/ How could I answer the child? I do not know what it is any more than he. • twenty-eight young men • And, and, and • The, the, the • if they are not, if they are not, if they are not • i know, i know, i know • earth, earth, earth • Walt Whitman, a kosmos, of Manhattan the son,/ Turbulent, fleshy, sensual, eating, drinking and breeding./ No sentimentalist, no stander above men and women or apart from them./ No more modes
More Less

Related notes for ENGL 226

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit